Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New York in the Fall

So I did something today that I've never really done before. I kinda played hookie from work.

Well not exactly.

I went to bed late last night since grades for the quarter were due, and woke up feeling extremely bad. Not sure if was because I was actually sick, getting sick, or just plain exhausted, but I knew from the beginning that if I went into work today it wouldn't be good for me or for my kids.

So what did I do with the day? A lot.

I lesson planned, made breakfast (eggs and cheese of course), went to my coffee shop, planned out the next month of classes (in theory), went to the Met (and tried to convince them that since I was a teacher I didn't have to donate...doesn't work) and walked through, sat down, and read a book in central park while watching the leaves turn colors and the sun set.

Not sure if anyone else would agree with me, but pretty sure that it rivaled Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Well, maybe not, but it sure was what I needed.

No comments: