Sunday, November 9, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

So I'm currently sitting in a coffee shop with a few friends, and realized how confusing daylight savings time can be. An hour or so ago, I looked outside and it was dark. I proceeded to look at my watch, and thought to myself, "wow! its a lot earlier than I thought." Just now, about an hour later, I looked at my watch, and realized that it was a lot later than I thought it was. Its just confusing on all accounts.

Last week I had an argument with a friend of mine about whether or not the fact that it currently gets dark at 4:30pm could be considered a good thing. My argument was that it really does give you back time, because when it gets dark early, you think its REALLY late, when in reality it is not. So you basically get back time.

Of course, others would argue that its just a gloomy, dreary byproduct of the Fall and Winter seasons that makes people unhappy. You decide.

No comments: