Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pub Trivia

Pub Trivia is a phenomenally-odd thing.

One thing that my closest friends know is that I love trivia. I love the idea that I can attempt to show off how much useless information I know, as well as sit around and have a drink with all my other friends who are there for the very same reason.

Every time I know the answer to a question, or hear someone else's explanation to how they know the question, it never fails to amaze me at how little of it we know from our formal educations. In most cases, there is a story, or a scene which can explain how you know the answer -- rarely was it in classroom or a lecture hall.

Maybe it was my inspiration of seeing Slumdog Millionaire, or continuous attempts to as people if when they were younger they read the book A View From Saturday (which you all should at some point), but I think its a really important point to make that most of what we know comes from life as an experience.

Go. Get out there. Learn something today that will be useful useless-knowledge the first time you choose to attend pub trivia.

No comments: