Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School

Today, break ended.

I went back to school. It's amazing how as a teacher your anxieties are essentially the same as when you were a student: Fidgety; Unable to fall asleep; Putting off going to sleep since you know you'll be unable to fall asleep; Playing out different scenarios in your head; Wondering if everything you did up until then will be moot.

I finally fell asleep, of course after reading a few political articles. A few about Gaza (none of which I've found say anything new or unexpected anymore), one on public service (which is a must read...
http://www.newsweek.com/id/177725/page/1)

I'm not quite sure what it is that makes me fall asleep. I've started to wonder if I fall asleep or wake up in the same position every night/morning. I think I might do a study...you know, mark down exactly how I am when I get up, kinda like a crime scene. Maybe I'll have chalk marks all over my bed, but who cares. If I can figure out the secret to sleeping the night before something big, it'll be worth it, right?

Another note: I walked into my classroom today while there was another teacher in there, in the middle of teaching. She proceeded to stop to tell me that she liked my sweater and that she got one exactly like it from Old Navy (where mine is from) for each of her nephews. Mind you, this entire 2-3 minute ordeal was done right in front of the class--underscoring of course how young I am, since I'm like her nephew, she said to them. Thanks.


No comments: