Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Very New York Experience

So tonight I had a very New York experience. One that you see on movies, and then say to yourself, "In a City of 8 million people, that would never happen." But it does.

While spending a nice evening with some college buddies, traveling from organic restaurant to Irish Pub to someplace that the girls "could dance," we ran into 5 other college friends who were standing outside the Irish Pub on the Upper West side.

When I first walked outside, I thought that I saw someone that I might have known, but I thought to myself that of course it wasn't possible. Making things even more odd, earlier in the evening I had asked some other college buddies if anyone had been in contact with Jake, one of the friends I ran into. The answer was no.

Anyways, I'm back off to Chicago in a few days. Not much going on at school this week since all my students take the liberty of taking off Monday and Tuesday to go to the DR or PR or some other two letter acronym that ends in "R." I am excited though, we're going with a group Tuesday afternoon to a Dominican Restaurant in the area, which should be phenomenal.

Happy Holidays, Chanukah starts tomorrow night!

No comments: