Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March

After my first grad class last night, I went outside to go call Macy's about the fact that I never received a bill which I should have received about 2 weeks ago.

Standing on a crisp evening, still light out at 6 o'clock because we have finally hit spring, I talked to a very nice lady in customer service on the phone. She explained to me how best to make sure that I got my payment in on-time, even with the confusion with the mail.

Anyways, about half way through the conversation, five of my students walked outside after their College Now classes that they take twice a week at the City College which I take my graduate classes at. As I saw them leave, I shouted from my admittedly too casual pose on the handicap ramps, "Hey Guys." They turned around, said "Heyyy," and one continued to shout, "Mr. Buchbinder -- you Ghetto." I couldn't help but laugh.

Maybe I am learning something.

No comments: